Thursday, March 15, 2012

Welcome!

  Hello everyone and welcome to my first post! How exciting! I want to let you know more about me and why I started this blog as well as what you may see coming soon.
  2011 was a difficult year for me.  So as 2012 came around I decided to make my first ever new year's resolution....I decided to be a better me in every way that I can be.  It's a wildly vague resolution but I felt that I could definitely accomplish it that way haha! Anyway, this resolution included taking better care of myself, cutting soda out of my diet (which is a huuuge accomplishment), being sure to wash my face, etc. My true goal being to feel more confident and have that confidence be seen by others. 
  Once this decision was made I started trying to figure out how to make all of this happen.  I cut out the soda first, which I feel the need to mention once again was a huge accomplishment for me.  I also started to wear makeup again, which due to college life, had been a practically nonexistant part of my daily routine.  I knew that I instantly felt a little bit better about myself when I took the time to do my makeup so I decided that was the best place for me to start.  I started watching YouTube videos to figure out looks to do on my sister for her wedding and, of course, ventured into other looks that I have come to love.  However, without getting into too much detail about that, I began to use these YouTube channels to learn more about makeup and hair and nails.  I gained so much insight and inspiration from these women that I began to translate that into my everyday life.  I stopped biting my nails, took better care of my skin, and took pride in how I looked. It may sound silly and vain to some people but it turned what was a pretty dark time for me into something beautiful.   Feeling better about myself really did shine through and others noticed.  It's lead me to believe that once you truly love yourself, you can allow others to love you fully.
  Overall, I just want to keep track of how things are going for me as well as offer any kind of advice, no matter how serious or silly it may be, to others.  I firmly believe that the best way to spend your life is spending it trying to better the lives that you may touch and this is simply the beginning of this yet another way of doing that.

  I hope you enjoy this blog and we can grow together!  Stay happy!!

1 comment:

  1. Its pretty cool that ur starting this. U should probably write about ur dogs at some point. Dane

    ReplyDelete