Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pride

  Hey everyone!! I know it's been a little while since I've written but I usually wait for inspiration to hit me, and then I write down a basic idea for an entry and then I just start rambling haha.  However, my inspiration fairy seems to have taken a vacation or something so this is just a short and sweet post.

  As most know, pride is one of the seven deadly sins. I can understand how this leads to someone's downfall, but I don't really want to talk about that aspect of pride.  I'd rather talk about what it is to be proud of something or someone and how it may affect a person. 

  I was having a conversation about my little brother being the musical at his high school and this person said that I sounded like a proud mother.  I started to think about it.  I realized that I probably do sound like that when it comes to talking about many of the people that I care about, especially my family.  I am so insanely proud of my mom and siblings ( I am the oldest) for everything they venture into.  My mom is a stellar human being, who is generous beyond measure and entirely too nice sometimes.  I hope that I am half the woman that she is, and if I'm even a quarter of the mother that she is then my children will have great lives.  My sister has recently become the mother of two beautiful little girls and has adapted to motherhood with the grace of someone who was born to do this.  My brother has gone out for school plays and musicals since his freshman year and is the kindest and least judgemental person I know.

  I only hope that my pride and belief in them and others encourages self-esteem and self-love.

  Overall, I am so proud to be a part of these people's lives and to be able to call them family. So if pride is a sin, I'm very clearly guilty of committing it and I wouldn't change a thing.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I don't care what anyone says it not a sin to be proud of others and proud of the person you are. In fact, if your not then there is more likely a problem there. I have been making an effort to let others know that they are worth more than they often think and how proud I am of them.

    Dane

    ReplyDelete