Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Appreciate

  I don't know how often you have ever felt unappreciated but I know that it used to be a very common feeling that I had.  It doesn't take much to let someone know how you appreciate them and yet it seems to be the hardest thing to do.  I work at McDonald's and I definitely feel that when you bust your butt making $200 order or clean every second you can or are simply especially nice or have an especially good attitude that it should be expressed that you're appreciated.  It's not hard, a simple good job would do.  However, I find that its not the workplace where people go unappreciated the most.  It's in daily life because I know that I assume that the people most close to me know how much they mean to me, but do they really?

  I started thinking about this because today is my grandmother's birthday.  I try to think of the last time I told her how much she means to me and besides "I love you"s and visits and I can't ever remember a time where I sat down and told her how grateful I am for her and how lucky I am to still have her, happy and healthy, in my life. 

  I also realized that some of my best friends probably don't know how much I appreciate them either.  My best friend since birth for example...we don't talk every day, we barely have seen each other in since she went away to school. None of that matters though because we can always pick right back up where we left off no matter how much time has passed.  When we do see each other, no matter if its for two weeks, two days, or two minutes, they are the best time spent until the next time we see each other.  She supports me in any endeavor and I know that if I ever needed her she do all she could to be with me.  She also never mentions how she never gets gifts from me because she knows I'm so broke pretty much all of the time.  She's literally one of the best things in my life and I don't know that I've ever told her.

I guess this is my personal challege and well as a challenge to those of you who read this.  Show some one that you appreciate them every day for the next week...or month...make it a habit because who doesn't love to know that you appreciate them for simply being who they are.

Thanks for reading and sorry that I've been pretty inactive lately.

Love Always!
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Rachel! it means a lot to hear that from you! Like you said I will always be there for you no matter what! I hope you know that I appreciate you very much too! You have definitely been there for me when I needed someone! Love you always!! --Julie

    ReplyDelete