Sunday, May 13, 2012

It's Mother's Day!!!

Hello! I know it's been forever since I've posted anything but I figure that this is a great way to get back into my posting.  It's Mother's Day and I have to admit that this is one of my favorite holidays despite not being a mother myself.  I have had some incredible women in my life who are excellent examples of what women and mothers should be.  My grandmother, Clara, aunt, Sandy, and  cousin, Ashleigh, sister, Megan, and of course my mother, Sherry.  These women have been there for me in my darkest of times and celebrated with me in my brightest moments. 

My grandmother is the most wonderful person.  She lets me sit in her kitchen and blather on and on about literally nothing and still loves me.  My aunt is fiercely strong and one of the best defenders of people that I know. My cousin juggles a military lifestyle with a toddler and is doing such an amazing job that I can't help but admire her.  My mother is so kind, giving and caring that I don't know how she does all the things she does.  There will never be a way for me to repay her for all that she's done for me alone, let alone my siblings and others that she's taken in. 

My mom has always been my best friend, biggest cheerleader, and sometimes when I need it the kick in the butt.  This all became clear to me when I went to college.  I started cheering my sophomore year and my mom drove to every game that she could to watch our horrible college team lose and me cheer.  She also was the one person who could reach me when I was so terribly depressed during my divorce.  I asked her one day to sit and watch The Last Song with me.  It's a tearjerker and I knew I needed a good cry and she of course said yes.  I'm not going to give away the movie but the song I Look At You plays at the end and I broke down and bawled my eyes out all while sitting on my mom's lap.  (Yes, I am 23 years old and still sit on my mom's lap when I'm sad).  She just let me cry it all out of my system and helped me rebuild myself.  I would not be anything without her love and support and it's truly not enough to let her kow this on just one day of the year but this is the day that it's socially acceptable to be sappy about how much I love her.



I feel it's appropriate to mention new mothers.  My sister is 21 and has two children by marriage and I have never been more proud of her than I am when I see how much she loves and adores them.  She is doing such an amazing job and will continue to do so I'm sure of it.

So I apologize if this post is a little overly emotional but o well.  
Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there, know that you are loved and appreciated!

PS Here is the music video to the song that I mentioned earlier.  And yes it is my mothers ringtone on my phone =)

No comments:

Post a Comment